Call for Proposals
Historical Novel Society (HNS)
June 26–28, 2015
The 2015 HNS North American Conference Board is pleased to announce a Call For Proposals for presentations at the 2015 Conference in Denver, Colorado. We want to build on the success of previous conferences and continue to engage a variety of attendees and presenters. We all love historical fiction and approach our appreciation from different perspectives: writers (new and established), readers and fans, and bloggers. Some of us are in all of these categories, and many of us in many places along the roads between.
We’re seeking presentations along the following lines:
- Writing historical fiction: From beginning writers to published authors
- Publishing and marketing historical fiction in the current publishing environment
- Reading historical fiction: What readers and bloggers want to see
We invite proposals for individual presentations and panel discussions in these categories. The audience will be comprised of authors, writers, readers, bloggers, editors, agents, educators, librarians, and other professionals in the historical fiction world.
We are looking for a variety of topics, including those that focus on the following:
- Writing the American West
- Race and diversity in historical fiction
- Writing across time periods
- Young adult historical fiction
We are also interested in seeing proposals on Egyptology and Victorian archaeology to celebrate Elizabeth Peters’ work by having an Elizabeth Peters-themed panel.
Proposals should consist of:
- A proposal, no more than 500 words, which should include any anticipated audiovisual needs.
- A short summary for publication in the program, no more than 100 words
- A presenter biography, no more than 100 words
Deadline is: September 1, 2014
Send proposals to: email@example.com
Notices will be sent no later than November 15, 2014.