The Historical Novel Society’s June 22-24, 2017, Conference will be held at the Hilton Portland (921 SW 6th Avenue, Portland, OR) in the heart of downtown Portland’s Arts and Entertainment District. Within walking distance are the Oregon Historical Society, Portland Art Museum, Old Town, Portland nightlife, and lots of shopping. (Oregon has no sales tax!)
We have negotiated a room rate of $189 for this modern full-service hotel. With the 14.5% room tax, the nightly charge will be $216.40. This rate is available to our attendees June 17-29, 2017.
Portland International Airport (PDX), served by over 21 carriers, is only 9 miles from downtown Portland. PDX features over 500 daily non-stop and direct flights to most major US and some international destinations.
Portland’s Airport has earned Travel + Leisure magazine’s top spot for best domestic airport four years in a row (2013-2016)!
AFFORDABLE GROUND TRANSPORTATION
There are several ground transportation options between PDX airport and the Hilton Portland:
- MAX Light Rail service is available for $2.50 (all zones) each way for the 38-minute ride. MAX departs from the baggage level of the airport every 15-20 minutes. Take the Red line, get off at the Pioneer Square North MAX Station (Stop ID 8383), and walk 100 feet south on SE Broadway to the Hilton.
- Blue Star Shuttle provides convenient downtown/airport shuttles every 30 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to reach the Hilton (about 45 minutes during rush hour). They are offering our attendees a special rate of $11.00 one way/$22.00 round trip per passenger between PDX airport and the Hilton Portland. Their drivers and dispatchers will honor this rate for passengers who mention they are with the HNS Conference.
- No reservations are needed for this service during their regular operating hours. They pick up at PDX airport every half hour from 7:00am to 12:30am, 7 days a week. To catch the shuttle at PDX, step outside baggage claim, walk to Island #2, and follow signs to the left that say “Scheduled Buses & Vans.”
- The shuttle departs from the Portland Hilton every half hour from 4:20am-6:50pm, 7 days a week. For passengers who need pickup before 4:20am or after 6:50pm, formal reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. For reservations, call (800) 247-2272.
- One-way cab fare from the PDX airport to the Hilton Portland is approximately $40.